Thursday, June 07, 2007

Texas or Bust!



An old famiy story goes that my great grandmother's family (Cordelia "Dee" Belle Hamilton, et al) came from Germany to Indiana in the mid 1800's and moved to Texas via covered wagon circa 1906. Now I have the picture that goes along with the story (above). New Texans (3rd cousins most likely) on wooden oil well support (below). My mom got in contact with her 2nd cousin recently who had a treasure trove of old pictures for her. My parents came into town for my recent graduation last weekend and as a present, my Mom brought me disks full of quality electronic scans of these pictures. Some of these are just really great photos regardless of the family/sentimenal value thay have for me. I'll be posting some of these finer pictures over the next few weeks to share with you. Enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

That's so funny! I have a relative who went from KY to TX in a covered wagon in the early 1900s. How or why she made it back to KY I have no idea, but still. Neat pics!

7:02 PM  
Blogger MsAPhillips said...

Now, THEY are some Texans I'd like to hang out with. I've never seen voguing and total attitude on an oil rig before...

And congratulations on your graduation. Do tell!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Congrats!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home