Thursday, January 04, 2007

Aught Seven - Year of the PooDog and Other Misc. Crap

Our new year started out with a lot of poop from our dog 'Happy'. I won't go into the stinky details, but Happy has had a bath 3 times (2 times using professional pet washing facilities) since we got back from xmas vacation.

Then Ladyfriend and I stumbled across a series of YouTube videos of farting babies. I don't think I laughed so hard in all of 2006. Yes, I am easily amused.

Then weird shit happened early on, but I think it's great when people can keep a sense of humor through it all. When James Brown died, I smiled as his death brought about the memory of getting arrested the summer before my senior year in high school. I was trespassing in some woods to swim in the Guadalupe River. I was wearing some cutoff jeans and nothing else. I had FREE JAMES BROWN written in blue zinc on my chest too. I was very, very scared in the jail that night, but I knew the brothers had my back.

So I'm getting this vibe that 2007 will be a shitty, stinky year and yet I'm laughing a lot, and I like that. So with that said, I think I'll post some of my New Year's Resolutions that will help me to roll with the punches...and poo. Some are standards, others are radical for me:

1 - Walk and do simple strength exercises everyday
2 - Stop drinkin (this 16-year-in-the-making-third-trimester beer gut has got to go)
3 - Laugh often
4 - get a job that I enjoy
5 - stop eating meat
6 - get organized

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home