Monday, November 26, 2007

El Ocho

I was tagged by Steve C.
The assignment: To write about certain topics in blocks of 8.

8 passions in my life:

Riding my motorcycle
playing my instruments/making noise
original and inspiring music
spiritual endeavors
escape
my (very) immediate family
new friends
international travel


8 things to do before I die:

ride and maybe own a powered parachute
write a novel or decent travelogue
take Ladyfriend up in a hot air balloon
hike the Appalachian Trail or equivalent
build my own chopper
tour Europe
see the Pyramids at Giza
lose 80 lbs

8 things I often say:

Bullshit!
What the fuck were you thinking?
Hey Ladyfriend
Whatcha Doin?
Is that another new (insert article of clothing and/or purse here)?
Fuck if I know
Human Resources, Dave Speaking
This is a bunch of horse shit.


8 books I read recently (in no particular order but still off the shelf, orbiting my bed):

The Pillars of the Earth - Follett
Hunters of Dune - Herbert/Anderson
Slaughterhouse Five - Vonnegut
The Sirens of Titan - Vonnegut
Old Man's War - Scalzi
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Pirsig
Kafka on the Shore - Murukami

Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick


8 songs that mean something to me:

Soul Craft - Bad Brains
Loud Love - Soundgarden
Free From the Chain Gang Now - Johnny Cash
Rusted Cage - Soundgarden/performed by Johnny Cash
Can I Sleep In Your Arms - Willie Nelson
The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
La Momma Morta (Maria Callas version) - Umberto Giordano
San Antonio Rose - Willie Nelson/Ray Price

8 qualities I look for in a friend:

Sense of humor
Creativity
Loyalty
High adventure quotient
Charisma
Life Stories
True Grit
Can/will post bail if necessary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home