Monday, August 11, 2008

If It Ain't One Thing...

It's another. This last few days have been a whirlwind of karmic swings...a small roller coaster of good and bad. That's a lifestyle in which I don't function very well. In fact I strive to keep my life relatively free of hi and low drama; but that wasn't in the cards the last few days.

Down - I started my new job. It is very challenging, and within my capabilities, but it's not what I expected it be. In this economy I am grateful for gainful employment though. And I'll leave it at that due to the Great Lesson of Dooce.

Down - I played phone tag with a guy all week to buy a 1973 Honda CB350 for the Ladyfriend. We agreed to meet Thursday night and he told me that I would have the first look and first bid on the bike because I was the first to call him. On the way to his house, 5 minutes after he called me to come over, he called my cell phone and told me, "Uh, dude, some other guy came by and bought the bike before you...sorry, click."

Down - I keep fish (the second generation of Shubunkin goldfish I've raised since 2000) in a small pond in my back yard. The pond pump went out, which happens every few years, so I bought a new one, drained the pond, cleaned it, refilled it, de-chlorinated it, and replaced the fish. Something went awry though as the next morning ALL 9 of the fish were dead. I threw their dead carcasses far back in the yard only to have my dog Happy retrieve them, eat them, and then roll around on their stinky remains.

Down - The cable modem crapped out and the cable guy refused to come in the house with only the boy around (we were at work) so we had to reschedule.

Up - Things are looking up. We find a second, better motorcycle on craigslist for the same amount, but it is 9 years newer then the previous one, has less miles (9000) on it than my 2003 motorycle (11000) and is in wonderful condition considering its age. I take it for a ride, haggle a few bucks off the top price and drive it away. This is not an actual picture of her new bike, a 1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport, but it looks exactly the same.



Up - Things are still going good. Me, the boy, and some good friends go to Cave City for Ladyfriend's birthday weekend/extravaganza. I counted no less then 15 ceramic-wizard-statues-hoisting-onyx-orbs.

Up - The cable guy shows up at a relatively normal time and replaces the cable modem.

Down - The boy used my bike (because his was stolen a few years ago when he left it out in the open) to run up to Walgreens and left it outside when he returned to the house. It was stolen this afternoon. We though we saw an old truck with my bike in the rear so I chased after it on Ladyfriend's new motorcycle (which is faster from 0-60 than my cruiser). I didn't catch him, but I did haul some serious ass down Grinstead Drive.

So now I'm blogging to chill the fuck out. I'm also debating whether to auction off the boy's X-box 360 as punishment and/or to recoup the cost of one stolen bike.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Dude, someone stole my bike out of my cellar this year! It's Year of the Stolen Bike. My condolences!

6:18 AM  
Blogger yournamehere said...

A girl at work had two bikes stolen in the past few months; one that she parked on the side of our store, and another that she parked in front of her apartment. She didn't learn the first time, apparently.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home